This account is for you if:
- you are an agricultural producer.
- you want a high return on your savings.
- you have better things to worry about than income decline. Like where to plant the new crop!
Free no monthly
1 free withdrawal
- High Interest Savings account rate paid on the entire balance
- No monthly fee and no statement fee
- Free online banking account statement plus eStatement
- One free withdrawal per month
How does it work?
As an agricultural producer, you're able to make annual contributions of up to 1.50 per cent of your allowable net sales to your AgriInvest account. When you do so, you'll receive a matching government contribution. Then, when you are short on cash, simply withdraw these funds at any time without penalty.
What you need to know
- Each year, Agricultural producers receive their AgriInvest deposit notices which specify the eligible amount producers are able to deposit to their AgriInvest account to receive matching government contributions.
- You'll need to open your AgriInvest account with Valley First by the date specified on your AgriInvest Deposit Notice, in order to receive your fully matched government contribution.
- Any late application submissions will be penalized by a 5 per cent reduction in government contribution per month (or part of the month) up to the final submission deadline specified on your AgriInvest deposit notice.
- We'll notify Agriculture and Agri-Food Canada (AAFC) once you've opened your account so that AAFC will have the necessary information for contribution matching.
Account opening process
- Complete your "Account Initiation Form" and bring it to your Valley First branch.
For more information about AgriInvest, visit the program website at www.agr.gc.ca or contact Agriculture & Agri-Food Canada toll free at 1.866.367.8506.
Here is an easy access document that includes everything you need to know about the terms and conditions for this account.
Ready to apply? Opening a business account with us is easy!
To apply for an AgriInvest account, simply download the Account Initiation form. Once complete, bring it to any of our branch locations and we'll do the rest.
If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to open a new account for you or make changes to your existing account with us.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch and insurance office numbers.