Thinking about a career with us? That's great! We offer a great place to work, advancement opportunities, competitive compensation and benefits and rewards for exceptional performance.
Refer a friend to open a new account—you get $50 and your friend gets $50!Learn more
Working At Valley First
Working at Valley First
If you've come here looking for "just another job," you're in the wrong place. But if you want to launch your career with an organization that values your skills, expertise and contributions, we might be just what you're looking for.
Our commitment is to:
- Offer a great place to work
- Provide a challenging and rewarding career
- Reward exceptional performance
- Value diversity and fairness
- Provide opportunities for advancement
- Believe in promoting from within when possible
- Offer an extensive internal training program and support external job-related learning opportunities
- Provide a competitive compensation and benefits program
- Offer a variety of employee programs
- Host regular social events, like our annual golf tournament and holiday party
You'll be a great fit for our team if you:
- Are dedicated to sales and service
- Work well as part of a team
- Believe "thinking outside the box" is just the start
- Are community minded
- Thrive on challenges
- Have excellent communication and business development skills
- Enjoy creating meaningful, long-lasting relationships with staff and members
- Are committed to continuous learning and professional development
- Like to have fun
If you're interested in applying, check out our current opportunities.
Compensation & Benefits
Employee Compensation & Benefits
Let's face it, we spend most of our lives at work. Our employees give us a lot, and we think it's only right to give something back.
- We start with competitive base salaries, supplemented by performance-based incentive compensation and annual merit pay increases (when financial results allow).
- We add a flexible benefits package for all regular full-time and part-time employees that includes medical insurance, extended health care, life insurance, dental care, best doctors program and short and long-term disability insurance.
- We round it all out with a no-cost retirement plan, a confidential employee and family assistance program and a minimum of three weeks annual paid vacation for full-time employees.
Beyond compensation and benefits, we offer several employee programs, including:
- Financial perks: We waive or reduce some financial service fees for employees and offer reduced rates on personal loans and mortgages. We also offer each employee two personal accounts with no service fees, and no-interest loans to buy computers for home use.
- Peer recognition: Recognizing each other for a job well done encourages teamwork and helps build good morale. Our employees don't need to wait for a manager to recognize good work—they can offer a commendation on their own through our peer recognition program.
- Employee suggestions: We take employee suggestions seriously, and reward the good ideas with prizes and the chance to win $500 for the year's best suggestion.
- Alternative work options program: This program helps employees balance their work and personal commitments by providing opportunities to manage their time in a way that works for both them and the organization.
- Community involvement: We provide up to one paid day a year to employees who volunteer their time to support their communities.
Training and professional development.
We encourage continuous learning and growth by providing in-house training, cross-training opportunities and professional development programs. We even support external job-related education.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I apply?
Get started by visiting our Current Opportunities page on our Careers website.
How will I know if you've received my resumé?
All resumés submitted by e-mail receive an automatic response to let you know we have received them. We are unable to acknowledge every resumé received by mail or fax, however.
How long will you keep my resumé on file?
We'll keep your resumé on file for one year, and will consider you for any suitable positions that become available.
Where are your branches located?We have a network of credit union branches, wealth management locations and insurance offices in the Okanagan, Similkameen and Thompson regions. You can find all of our locations here.
Do you hire students?
Yes, many of our part-time positions are filled by students who wish to work continuously to supplement their education.
How many positions can I apply for at once?
You may apply for as many positions as you like—but you'll have better luck if you just select the ones you're qualified for.
Have a question? Simply contact us and we'll provide you with the information you're looking for.
Use our contact form to send us a message—we'll be sure to reply to you with the details you're looking for shortly.
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to chat with you about the questions you have.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch and insurance office numbers.