All Valley First mortgages include:
- Quick approval
- Competitive rates
- Mortgage protection
- Plus, we've got great, competitively
priced home insurance packages to
suit your unique needs.
2.79%* Special Rate
With a 5-year fixed mortgage rate this great you can afford to get the home you want!Contact us
Refinancing Your Mortgage
Whether you have decided to go back to school or you just want to take advantage of a juicy investment opportunity, refinancing your mortgage is a means of helping you gain some excess cash.
Reasons to refinance your mortgage
- If you’re currently in a long term mortgage, refinancing to a shorter term at a higher monthly payment can end up saving you tens of thousands of dollars in interest over the years.
- Gain access to additional cash to pay for renovations, finance education or buy a new vehicle.
- Consolidate existing higher interest debts under one roof at one low rate.
- Switch from a fixed-rate to a variable-rate, or vice versa, to take advantage of a better interest rate.
- Reduce your monthly mortgage payments.
Things to consider
- You may increase the amount of your existing mortgage up to 80% of the current appraised value of your home.
- If you increase the amount of your mortgage, additional fees may apply (title insurance, legal fees etc.)
- As a general rule, you shouldn't refinance your mortgage unless the new rate is two full percentage points lower than your current rate. Typically the two-point rule compensates for the hard costs associated with refinancing.
Learn more about our mortgage options.
Renewing Your Mortgage
The process of renewing your mortgage isn't complicated but it does require a bit of thought. Sure, your mortgage may have been a perfect fit five years ago, but then again, so was your bathing suit.
Things to consider
- Flexibility options
- Interest rate options
- Ways of owning your home sooner
- Mortgage options that align with your current income and finances
- Mortgage options that align with your career path or family situation
Switch to Valley First
The Valley First advantage
- We've got the experts in place to help you determine exactly which mortgage solution is right for you
- Our mortgage approval process is simple and hassle-free
- Our rates are competitive
- We're credit union people—so we're just nicer
What you'll need
- A copy of your renewal offer from your other financial institution or your current mortgage statement
- Evidence of land ownership, such as your most recent Property Tax Bill
- Confirmation of income, such as a recent pay stub
- A copy of your property insurance statement
Check out how our mortgage rates stack up to the banks—compare rates.
*Rate is subject to change without notice and are available O.A.C. Rates are compounded semi-annually. Terms and conditions may apply. Mortgage funds must be advanced within 90 days of the application. These rates are discounted and can not be combined with any other rate discounts, promotions or offers. Additional fees may apply. For specific Annual Percentage Rate (APR) rates, please contact your branch.
Ready to apply? Borrowing with Valley First is simple!
Applying for a mortgage online just takes a few minutes and just four easy steps!
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to go through the application process with you.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch and insurance office numbers.