Tent Lending Program
Did you know that Valley First lends out marquee tents to non-profit organizations?
Valley First's marquee tents can help you add a special touch to your fundraising or community event. We have a number of 20 x 20 marquee tents that are perfect for establishing a hub of activity at your next event.
Marquee tent sponsorship includes delivery, set-up, and take-down.
All applications received are reviewed on a weekly basis and we will provide you with an email of your application's status within two weeks of your submission. Please note: All applications require at least two weeks notice prior to event date to be accepted.
If your application is approved, a representative from the Tent Guys will be in contact with you at least two business days prior to your event. At this time, set-up and take-down times and locations will be discussed and confirmed.
At Valley First, we evaluate every application on its individual merits. Due to the large volume of requests we receive, we have developed some guidelines and criteria for giving. Prior to submitting an application, please review the criteria below to assess whether your application fits within Valley First's guidelines.
- We accept applications from organizations that fit within the following categories:
- Community public service organizations
- Community not-for-profit arts, cultural, educational, recreational, or social services organizations
- Organizations serving Valley First's communities in a focused manner. Currently, these communities include Armstrong, Enderby, Kamloops, Kelowna, Keremeos, Lumby, Oliver, Peachland, Penticton, Princeton, Rutland, Vernon, West Kelowna
- Restrictions to our tent lending program include:
- Requests are not provided when the applicant is an individual (for example athletes raising funds to attend the Olympics, etc.), as we prefer to concentrate our efforts on organizations serving a group of people
- Organizations must be charitable organizations or not-for-profit groups
- Requests are not provided for religious or political organizations and affiliated activities
- Requests are not provided for ventures or organizations developing activities for profit. Activities must either be fundraisers or free community events
- Requests are not provided for any group that represents a conflict of interest for Valley First, or that promotes specific programs or issues where Members of the Credit Union may have significantly divergent views
If you are experiencing difficulties with this application, please contact us here.
Valley First employees pitch in for local non-profits
Throughout last week hundreds of extra volunteer hands came to the aid of several non-profit organizations in communities across British Columbia. Valley First’s “Make a Difference Days” saw employees swap their offices for a day dedicated to giving back.Read More
Valley First helps bring text-to-donate capability to the fight against hunger in B.C.
Close to 100,000 British Columbians access food banks every month, including more than 30,000 children. In the face of this unceasing demand Valley First, through its Feed the Valley program, is ramping up its efforts to fight hunger.Read More
Valley First renews title sponsorship of Challenge Penticton
Challenge Penticton today announced Valley First has renewed its commitment as the triathlon's title sponsor. The 2015 event will be the second consecutive year that Valley First Challenge Penticton has been supported by the Penticton-based financial institution.Read More