This insurance is for you if:
- you rent a home and you want to protect your belongings.
- your roommate seems to be particularly interested in your comic collection.
- you want to ensure you're covered if your friend gets injured during your next
Key Features & Benefits
- Allows you to repair or replace your belongings if they're destroyed, stolen or damaged
- Covers injuries that happen to other people or their property while in your rental suite if you're liable for the injury
- Covers additional living expenses if your home is unfit to live in or you've been denied access to your home
All policies feature:
- Comprehensive replacement cost coverage on your contents
- Minimum $1 million in liability coverage
- Choice of deductibles
- Flexible payment options
What You'll Need to Bring
Whether you have an appointment booked with us already, or you're just dropping by, it is important that you bring the following documents with you when you visit us so that we can provide you with the best home insurance solution possible.
- Current tenant policy or renewal documents Current coverage – policy information and special coverage for items like jewelry, art and watercraft.
If you don’t have these documents, don’t worry. Our insurance experts will help you to find the answers.
As a full service insurance broker, Valley First will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need.
In general, several things contribute to the cost of tenant insurance:
- Estimated value to replace your personal property with new items
- Your claim record
- Area you reside
- What type and how much additional coverage you choose
For more information on rates, call or visit a Valley First Insurance location today.
Things to Consider
- What would it cost to replace the contents of your rental suite?
- What kind of protection do you have against liability claims?
- Do you have items that should be insured with additional coverage (i.e. silverware, jewelry, boat, laptop)?
- Does your suite have a security system or smoke detector? These features may reduce your insurance premiums.
- Do you have anyone living with you that is not a relative?
- Do you operate a "home-based" business?
Methods of Payment
- Pay upfront—if you've got the money saved, you can pay the premium in full on the policy effective date.
- Pay monthly—take advantage of our Smart Pay option so that payments are more bearable.
- Personal Cheques
- Debit Cards
Need to make a claim?
- For emergency assistance, call: 1-877-817-8347
- For non-emergency claims, please contact any of our insurance locations.
Ready to get a quote? We provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs—contact us today!
Start your free online quote now for home, condo or tenant insurance—it’s quick and simple!
If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to give you a quote in person and chat about your insurance needs.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.