Emergency Medical Insurance
This travel insurance is for you if:
- you value the peace of mind knowing your covered wherever your journey takes you.
- you want to choose your coverage options to suit your individual needs.
- you travel a little or travel a lot—across Canada or across the world.
Emergency medical treatment can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars regardless of the country you visit. Check out these real-life stories that demonstrate how a few dollars a day saved these travellers from financial disaster and ensured they were able to get the emergency medical treatment they desperately needed.
Emergency Medical: Key Benefits & Features
- Maximum coverage: Up to $10 million
- Area of coverage: Worldwide
- Duration: Up to 365 days (more than 182 days outside of Canada may void your provincial MSP coverage)
- Age limit: 15 days to 64 years
- Deductible: Various amounts available
- Multiple trips: Available (please call for information)
- Family plans: Available
- Emergency transportation: Up to overall maximum
- Pre-existing conditions: Stable and reduced stability options available
- Hospital: Up to overall maximum
- Physiotherapist, chiropractor and other specified professionals: $500 per profession
- Ambulance: Up to overall maximum
- Dental: $4,000 accidental, $500 emergencies (pain relief)
- Prescription drugs: Up to 30 day supply to maximum of $1,000 (limit does not apply when hospitalized)
Travel Assistance: Key Benefits & Features
- Trip cancellation / interruption: Up to $15,000 online (call for quote on larger amounts)
- Lost baggage: Up to $500 maximum or $300 per item ($50 deductible)
- Accidental death: Up to $10,000
- Flight Accident: Up to $50,000
As a full service insurance broker, Valley First, a division of First West Insurance Services Ltd., will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need.
In general, several things contribute to the cost of emergency medical insurance:
- Type of policy
- Length of travel
- Your age
- Medical history
For more information or a price quote, contact a Valley First Insurance location today.
Methods of Payment
- Personal Cheques
- Debit Cards
Pay monthly if you like by taking advantage of our Smart Pay option.
Need to make a claim?
- For assistance, call:
- Canada/USA: 1-800-995-1662 (toll free) or 416-340-0049 (collect)
- Worldwide toll free: 00-800-842-08420 or 800-842-08420
- Worldwide collect: 1-416-340-0049
Ready to purchase? We provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs—contact us today!
You can purchase most travel insurance policies online—it's quick and simple!
If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to give you a quote in person and chat about your insurance needs.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.