Over 60, Retirees & Snowbirds
This travel insurance is for you if:
- you are 60 years of age or older.
- you have a stable pre-existing health condition
- you may return to Canada during your travels and/or to take multiple
trips each year.
- your favourite t-shirt says "Snowbirds Rule!"
Emergency medical treatment can easily cost tens of thousands of dollars regardless of the country you visit. Check out these real-life stories that demonstrate how a few dollars a day saved these travellers from financial disaster and ensured they were able to get the emergency medical treatment they desperately needed.
Key Benefits & Features
- Maximum coverage: Up to $10 million
- Duration: Up to 365 days (more than 182 days out of Canada may void your provincial MSP coverage)
- Age limit: 60 years to 89 years (multi-trip to 84 years)
- Deductible: Various amounts available
- Area of coverage: Worldwide
- Annual coverage: Available (allows return home without policy termination)
- Multi-trip options: Various trip length options available up to 125 days per trip
- Emergency transportation: To nearest appropriate medical facility or economy airfare or air ambulance to home province
- Pre-existing conditions: Stable and reduced stability options available
- Hospital: Up to overall maximum
- Dental: $4,000 accidental, $500 emergencies (pain relief)
- Prescription drugs: 30 day supply for emergency conditions (limit does not apply when hospitalized)
- Emergency assistance: 24/7 worldwide
As a full service insurance broker, Valley First Insurance, a division of First West Insurance Services Ltd., will provide you with the best rates possible for the coverage you need.
In general, several things contribute to the cost of travel insurance:
- Type of policy
- Length of travel
- Your age
- Medical history
For more information or a price quote, contact a Valley First Insurance location today.
Methods of Payment
- Personal Cheques
- Debit Cards
Pay monthly if you like by taking advantage of our Smart Pay option.
Need to make a claim?
- For assistance, call:
- Canada/USA: 1-800-995-1662 (toll free) or 416-340-0049 (collect)
- Worldwide toll free: 00-800-842-08420 or 800-842-08420
- Worldwide collect: 1-416-340-0049
Ready to get a quote? We provide simple insurance solutions to suit your needs—contact us today!
Contact us to get a quote on your travel insurance
If you’re more comfortable coming in to see us, we’d be happy to give you a quote in person and chat about your insurance needs.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our insurance office numbers.