Our personal online banking makes it easy to manage your money. All you need is a computer with Internet access and a personal access code. Best of all, there's never a lineup.
Refer a friend to open a new account—you get $50 and your friend gets $50!Learn more
Key Features & Benefits
- NEW!—Our Personal Financial Management feature brings all of your accounts and financial information into one place and offers new budgeting and spending tools to help you stay on top of your finances.
- See your transactions automatically categorized and graphically displayed in the account summary page
- Change and/or exclude transaction categorizations from your spending analysis
- Create and manage budgets based on your spending habits
- See all of your accounts in one place by linking accounts you hold at other financial institutions
- Understand your financial picture by keeping track of things you own and things you owe
- View your spending and budgets on the go using our Mobile banking.
- Access your personal and business accounts 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- View account balances and transactions
- View single or multiple cheque images for items that have cleared your account
- Transfer funds to anyone with a Canadian deposit account using Interac e-Transfer®
- Sign up for e-Statements
- Access online banking using your smartphone with Mobile Web or download our Mobile App
- Pay bills—immediate or future dated
- Add and remove bill vendors
- Manage your profile and account settings
- View important messages and special offers from Valley First
- Order cheques
- Download your statements to popular software programs
- Change your personal access code
- Create, list and remove stop payments
You'll also need a personal computer or mobile phone with an Internet browser which supports cookies, SSL, and tables.
At First West Credit Union, keeping your financial information secure is our top priority. That's why we've increased our security measures even further in the fight against phishing scams.
Set up is simple! The next time you log in to online banking, you’ll simply be asked to set up some security questions (and provide answers that are unique to you) before proceeding with your login.
If you register your computer or mobile device at the time you login, a cookie will be placed on your computer and you will not need to answer a security question before proceeding to online banking. However, if you log in to online banking from a non-registered computer/device, you'll need to answer one of your security questions before you can proceed—that way we know it's you. It's important to note that if you clear your cookies, your computer will no longer be registered and you will need to answer a security question before you can log in. It's also not recommended that you register shared or public computers for your own security.
Online Account Alerts
Right now, we have several alerts available which can help protect you against potential fraud on your account and also let you know when we've got a special offer for you.
Log in to online bankingIf someone logs into your online banking account, we’ll send you an alert. If you weren’t the one who logged in, you can let us know right away.
Personal Access Code (PAC) changedIf your PAC is changed, we'll alert you. If this transaction wasn't authorized by you, you'll be able to report it to us immediately.
New bill payee addedWe’ll alert you if a new bill payee has been added to your account options in online banking. This is useful to you in tracking fraud on your account since fraudulent activity commonly involves the transfer of funds out of an account to a fraudulent vendor.
Online banking disabled due to incorrect response to security questionGet an alert when online banking has been disabled on your account due to excessive attempts to answer your login security question.
Add a new e-Transfer recipientWe’ll alert you if a new e-Transfer recipient has been added. This will help you detect possible fraud on your account.
Member Service Alerts
New message availableIf you sign up for this alert, you'll be the first to know about our special offers and other important messages.
Setting Up Alerts
To set up alerts, just follow these simple steps:
- Log in to Online Banking
- Click on Manage Alerts from the Messages & Alerts menu, then click on Register for Alerts.
- Add the mobile phone or email address where you would like to receive your alerts (if you’ve already added a phone for text banking you can use the same phone).
- Select the alerts you would like to receive.
If you don't have access to Online Banking, just contact us and we'll be happy to set that up for you
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are Alerts?
Alerts allow you to receive notifications about banking activity and other events on your account. Alerts can be set up and managed on our online banking service at any time.
- How can I receive Alerts?
You can receive alerts by either email, text message, or both. You are able to set up four contacts.
- Am I charged for using Alerts?
We are providing this service free of charge to our members. However, when you receive text message Alerts, your wireless carrier may charge for receiving text messages. We'd recommend that you check with your wireless carrier for details.
- Is any personally identifiable information contained in an Alert message?
Personal and personally identifiable information is not transmitted in the alert message. Accounts are identified by nicknames. Nicknames are also used for SMS Text Banking.
- Can I choose to stop receiving Alerts?
Yes. Within online banking, you can choose not to receive any Alerts.
- Am I guaranteed to receive Alerts sent to me?
Alerts cannot be guaranteed by Valley First simply because we aren't able to guarantee the stability of the wireless and internet networks being used. These networks are open to service interruptions and you may be out of the service range, which can cause a delay in receiving text messages.
You can check the Alerts sent to you on the Alerts History page of online banking—there you'll find all the Alerts sent to you within the last 30 days.
Have a question? Simply contact us and we'll provide you with the information you're looking for.
Use our contact form to send us a message—we'll be sure to reply to you with the details you're looking for shortly.
If you're more comfortable coming in to see us, we'd be happy to chat with you about the questions you have.
If you’d like to call us, here is a complete list of our branch and insurance office numbers.