Terms and Conditions
- New Mobile App Promotion (the “Contest”) is open only to a resident of British Columbia who is at least 19 years of age on the date that he or she enters the Contest.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, you must:
- Be an existing member of First West Credit Union;
- Login into the latest version of our mobile app during the promotional period. This app includes the words “new” on the app icon; and
- Hold a Simply Free Account® with First West Credit Union.
- No purchase is necessary to enter this Contest. To enter without logging into the mobile app , see Section 15 of these rules.
- This Contest is open only to individuals; no groups, organizations, or other non-natural persons are eligible to enter or to win.
- Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of First West Credit Union, First West Insurance Services Ltd. or any of their affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
- One (1) entry is granted, for every valid log in to the latest version of an Island Savings, Envision Financial or Valley First mobile banking app. If you wish to opt out of the automatic entry for the Contest, please send your request to First West Credit Union to the address set out in section 15(b) below.
- The Contest period is from December 11, 2020 and concludes January 10, 2021 (the “Contest Period”).
- There are three (3) prizes available to be won: one in the Valley First region, one in the Island Savings region, one in the Envision Financial region. Each prize consists of one (1) $250 award, deposited directly into the winners’ Simply Free Account.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value without liability or further notice. The prize must be accepted by the winner(s) in the individual winner’s name, and is not transferable. The prize must be accepted as awarded.
Determination of Winner
- Upon the conclusion of the Contest Period, one (1) Contest entrant will be selected in one (1) random draw in each region from all eligible entries submitted in each region as provided in these Contest rules. The random draws for each region will be conducted on or about Monday, January 18, 2021, at 12:00 p.m., by a First West Credit Union representative from all entries in each region made during the Contest Period. First West Credit Union reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to change the date and time of the random draws.
- For each region, the first entrant of the draw whose eligible entry is drawn and who correctly answers the time-limited mathematical skill-testing question, and who otherwise complies with these rules, will be the winner in such region.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries made during the Contest Period.
- In order to receive a prize, the selected entrant must:
- respond to the prize notification telephone call or email within forty-eight (48) hours of transmission;
- correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question; and
- sign a declaration stating that they:
- have read, understood and complied with these Contest rules;
- releases and discharges First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries affiliates, officers, directors, employees, and agents; and
- consent to the announcement of the winner's name and the use by or on behalf of First West Credit Union of the winner's name, address, photograph, likeness, voice or statements, and/or use of winning room for advertising and promotional purposes without any further compensation to the winner.
- First West Credit Union representative will contact the prospective winners by telephone or email on or about Monday, January 18, 2021, to arrange for the administration of the skill-testing question and the awarding of the prize upon compliance with these rules. The winner must, by Monday, January 25, 2021 have claimed his or her prize. If such winner does not claim his or her prize by this date, his or her prize is forfeited. If a prospective winner is not eligible or is not otherwise confirmed as a winner, or cannot be contacted by telephone after reasonable efforts, as determined by First West Credit Union in its sole discretion, then he or she will be disqualified and his or her drawn entry will be disregarded and another entry will be drawn instead from the remaining entries in accordance with these rules.
No Purchase Entry
- To enter without logging into the mobile, an individual must use the following procedures:
- Hand print the following information on a postcard:
- “New Mobile App promotion”;
- Entrant’s Name;
- Entrant’s City, Town or other Municipality of Residence in B.C.;
- Entrant’s Phone Number(s); and
- Entrant’s Age;
- Mail the originally hand-printed postcard (i.e. not a copy), with the correct postage affixed, to:
First West Credit Union, Valley First Division
New Mobile App Promotion
181 Main St
Penticton BC, BC
To be eligible, a completed entry must be received by First West Credit Union during the Contest Period. One (1) entry will be granted, for each entry received by First West Credit Union in accordance with this Section 15. Only originally hand-printed entries (that are readily identifiable as such) will be accepted. Any purported entry that appears in the absolute discretion of the Contest’s judge(s) to be a copy or printed other than by hand will not be accepted. Drop off entries will not be accepted.
- Hand print the following information on a postcard:
- By entering this Contest, each and all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules. Any award of the prize(s) is conditional upon compliance with these rules and the winner(s) signing any further releases required by First West Credit Union as described above, including any Contest and Photography Release form, confirming his or her agreement to abide by and be bound by these rules and accepting the prize as offered.
- First West Credit Union is not responsible for any individual not entered, or entries or prospective entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged or delayed, for any reason whatsoever. No communication with entrants will be entered into except with the prospective winners.
- This Contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and other laws applicable in British Columbia. Void where prohibited. First West Credit Union may, where required by law, disclose Contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Each winner consents to the use by First West Credit Union or any other subsidiary of First West Credit Union, of his or her name, municipality of residence, photograph, voice and statements without charge or compensation other than the prize awarded.
- All decisions of the Contest’s judge(s) appointed by First West Credit Union with respect to all aspects of this Contest are final.
- First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any Contest entrant or any other person for:
- any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered Contest entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant to receive a prize notification telephone call;
- any changes in telephone number or other contact details after Contest entry forms are submitted; any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause;
- this Contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules; and
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the Contest or the submission of entries to the Contest or participation in the Contest or the Contest prize, or the use of any First West Credit Union web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by First West Credit Union or anyone for whom First West Credit Union is responsible, and notwithstanding that First West Credit Union may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- None of First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union, or any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will be responsible for injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or otherwise resulting from this Contest. The winner agrees to indemnify and save harmless First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives (and each of them) of and from all claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities and costs whatsoever relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or resulting from this Contest, including without limitation legal costs on a solicitor-and-client basis. Without limiting anything else contained in these rules, First West Credit Union and its affiliated companies, and their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and other representatives are not liable if for any reason this Contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules, including without limitation for reasons relating to technical failures, the loss or non-existence of communications capability, computer virus or tampering, or any other cause.
- First West Credit Union reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, modify, terminate or suspend this Contest, in whole or in part, if any event or any human intervention corrupts or affects the administration, security, impartiality or the normal running of this Contest as provided for in these rules. First West Credit Union may, at its sole discretion, disqualify any entrant responsible for such misconduct.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FIRST WEST CREDIT UNION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering this Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these Contest rules and regulations.