If your programming supports any of the following impact areas, we want to hear from you:
- Arts & Culture
- Strengthening the Social Sector
We accept applications from organizations that fit within the following categories:
- Community public service organization.
- Community not-for-profit arts, cultural, educational, or social services organizations.
- Organizations serving Valley First's communities in a focused manner. Currently, these communities include Armstrong, Kamloops, Kelowna, Keremeos, Lumby, Oliver, Peachland, Penticton, Princeton, Rutland, Vernon, West Kelowna.
- Valley First prioritizes its community investment to the communities where we operate. If your project falls outside of an Valley First community, please send your project details to email@example.com and we’ll be happy to talk with you.
REQUESTS UNLIKELY TO RECEIVE FUNDING
- Ventures or organizations developing activities for profit. Activities must either be fundraisers or free community events.
- Individuals (for example athletes raising funds to attend the Olympics, etc.), as we prefer to concentrate our efforts on organizations serving a group of people.
- Groups that represent a conflict of interest for Valley First, or that promotes specific programs or issues where members of the credit union may have significantly divergent views.
- Beauty pageants.
- Religious or political organizations and affiliated activities.
- Operational costs or for debt servicing.
OUR SPONSORSHIP PROCESS
We have four granting cycles throughout the year. Sponsorship and donation requests received during these cycles will be reviewed by our Community Investment team for eligibility and fit and we will contact you if additional information is needed. We will let you know our decision by email.
2021 GRANTING SCHEDULE
|Cycle||application deadline||notification of funding|
|1||January 17||mid February|
|2||March 14||mid April|
|3||June 13||mid July|
|4||August 15||mid September|
|5||October 16||mid November|
If you are experiencing difficulty with the application form, please notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For information on our tent lending program, please click here.