In these rules, “Valley First” means Valley First, a Division of First West Credit Union.
- This contest is open to only to residents of British Columbia who are at least 19 years of age on the date he or she enters the contest. The contest is also open to residents of British Columbia who are minors. In the case of individuals who are minors, a parent or guardian who has reached the age of majority in his or her province of residence by the closing date of the contest, must indicate acceptance of the contest rules for the entrant to be eligible and in such instances the prize will be awarded to such parent or guardian.
- This contest is open only to individuals; no groups, organizations, or other non-natural persons are eligible to enter or to win.
- No purchase necessary.
- Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of First West Credit Union, or any of their affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter or win.
How to Enter
- This contest opens Friday, February 7, 2020 at 9:00 a.m. Pacific Time and closes Friday, February 14, 2020 at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time.
- Participants who stop by all noted businesses on the scavenger hunt map, have the corresponding icon stamped and hand in a completed entry form at the Valley First location on the entry form will be entered for a chance to win the applicable prize described below.
- A Participant is permitted to submit only one entry form.
- There are two (2) prizes available to be won. One participant who is at least 19 years of age on the date he or she enters the contest will be selected to receive the following prize (total approximate value of the prize is $75):·
- A Carnival-inspired gift basket including:
- Sweet Caroline’s gift certificate & mug
- Frying pan set
- Heated blanket
- Bottle of wine
- Travel coffee cup
- Dish towel set
- Handmade planter pot
Of the participants who are minors, one minor participant will be selected to receive the following prize total approximate value of the prize is $35):·
- A Carnival-inspired gift basket including:
- Piggy bank & $25 cash
- Uno card game
- Slime making kit
- Hand-print plaster kit
- Colouring book
- First West Credit Union reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal value without liability or further notice. The prize must be accepted by the winner in the individual winner’s name and is non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not redeemable for cash and no component thereof is convertible to cash. The prize must be accepted as awarded and may not be sold.
Determination of Winner
- On Wednesday, February 19th, 2020 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific Time, one participant who is at least 19 years of age on the date he or she entered the contest and one minor participant will be selected at random by a First West Credit Union representative from all eligible entries submitted to receive the applicable prize described above. First West Credit Union reserves the rights, in its sole discretion, to change the date and time of the random draw. Entries that are fraudulent are not permitted and will be declared invalid.
- The eligible entrants who are randomly selected, and who otherwise complies with these rules, will be the winners of the applicable prize. The winner of each prize will be announced on Valley First’s and Vernon Winter Carnival Facebook post and will be responsible for privately contacting the designated Valley First representative, as set out on the Facebook post. In order to receive the prize, the selected entrants must correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical skill-testing question and make arrangements to claim his/her applicable prize.
- The chances of winning depend upon the number of eligible entries made before the contest closes.
- If a prospective winner is not eligible or is not otherwise confirmed as a winner, or does not contract the designated Valley First representative to claim his/her prize after reasonable efforts in the opinion of Valley First for a period of two (2) days from and including the date when his/her entry is selected, then he/she will be disqualified and First West Credit Union may randomly select another entrant.
- By entering, each and all entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these rules. Awarding of the prize is conditional upon compliance with these rules and the winner signing any further releases required by First West Credit Union, including any Contest and Photography Release form, confirming his or her agreement to abide by and be bound by these rules and accepting the prize as offered.
- First West Credit Union is not responsible for any individual not entered, or entries or prospective entries lost, stolen, misdirected, damaged or delayed, for any reason whatsoever. No communication with entrants will be entered into except with the prospective winner.
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial, and other laws applicable in British Columbia. Void where prohibited. First West Credit Union may, where required by law, disclose contest entrant information to the government. If any provision of these rules is found by any court of competent jurisdiction to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain in full force and effect.
- Each winner consents to the use by Valley First and/or First West Credit Union of his or her name, municipality of residence, photograph, voice and statements without charge or compensation other than the prize awarded.
- All decisions of the contest’s judge(s) with respect to all aspects of this contest are final.
- CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND FIRST WEST CREDIT UNION RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries and affiliates, and any of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for, or liable to any contest entrant or any other person for:
- Any erroneous, lost, damaged, late, incomplete, misdirected, deleted, defective, or altered entries, regardless of the cause;
- any failure for any reason whatsoever of the selected entrant ability to contact First West;
- any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions or errors that may occur, regardless of the cause;
- this contest is not capable of being completed in accordance with these rules,
- any damage or loss, including any loss of use, loss of production, loss of profits (anticipated or otherwise), loss of markets, economic loss, special, indirect or consequential loss or damage or punitive damages, whether in contract, tort or under any other theory of law or equity, arising from, connected with, or relating to the contest or the submission of entries to the contest or participation in the contest or the contest prize, or the use of any First West Credit Union web site (including the downloading of any materials from that web site) and regardless of the cause or any negligence by First West Credit Union or anyone for whom First West Credit Union is responsible, and notwithstanding that First West Credit Union may have been advised of the possibility of such loss or damage being incurred.
- None of First West Credit Union, its subsidiaries, its affiliates, any of their directors, officers, employees, agents, or other representatives will be responsible for injuries, accidents, loss or misfortune relating to the prize awarded and/or this contest. The winner agrees to indemnify and save harmless First West Credit Union, or any other subsidiary companies of First West Credit Union and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, agents and other representatives (and each of them) of and from all claims, demands, proceedings, liabilities and costs whatsoever relating to the prize awarded, a winner’s use of the prize awarded and/or resulting from this contest, including without limitation legal costs on a solicitor-and-client basis. The winner agrees to execute any further release and/or indemnity requested by First West Credit Union.
- First West Credit Union acknowledges that this contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Instagram. By participating in this contest, if requested by First West Credit Union you agree to a complete release of Instagram from any claims.
- By entering, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by these contest rules and regulations.