Thriving Minds Contest
Terms and Conditions
- Sponsor. The Thriving Minds Contest (the “Contest”) is sponsored by First West Credit Union (the “Sponsor” or “Credit Union”).
- No Purchase Necessary. No purchase is necessary to enter the Contest.
- Eligibility. This Contest is open to legal residents of the Sponsor’s Trade Area (defined below), who have reached the age of 19 at the time of entry. Entrants who have won a prize or any item or thing of monetary value from any promotion and/or contest offered by the Sponsor or any of its divisions in the six (6) months preceding August 16, 2021 are not eligible to win a Prize Package (defined below). By participating in this Contest, you acknowledge compliance with, and agree to be bound by, these Contest Rules. Entrants who do not comply with any of the Contest Rules are subject to disqualification by the Sponsor, in the Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Directors, employees, contractors, agents and other representatives, and their respective immediate families, of the Sponsor or any of its affiliates, divisions, or promotional agencies are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- Trade Area. The Sponsor’s Trade Area consists of the following three (3) regions: (i) Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, Delta, Hope, Kitimat, Langley, Maple-Ridge, Pitt Meadows, Mission, Surrey (collectively the “Envision Financial Region”); (ii) Greater Victoria, Cowichan Valley, Ladysmith, Salt Spring, Pender Island, Nanaimo (collectively the “Island Savings Region”); and (iii) Armstrong, Enderby, Kamloops, Kelowna, Keremeos, Lumby, Oliver, Peachland, Penticton, Princeton, Rutland, Vernon, West Kelowna collectively the “Valley First Region”)
collectively, the Envision Financial Region, Island Savings Region, and Valley First Region are the “Trade Area”).
- Contest Dates and Times. The Contest begins on August 18, 2021 when the Sponsor shares the first Contest Posts and ends on September 29, 2021 at 11:59:59 p.m. Pacific Standard Time (the “Contest Period”) after which time the Contest will be closed and no further Entries will be accepted .
- Entry. At the outset of the Contest Period and, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, periodically thereafter during the Contest Period, the Sponsor will post a topic on each of the Envision Financial Region, Island Savings Region, and Valley First Region’s Facebook and Instagram pages relating to the Contest (each a “Contest Post”) located at
https://www.instagram.com/islandsavings, Island Savings - Home | Facebook, Envision Financial (@envisionfinancial) • Instagram photos and videos, Envision Financial - Home | Facebook, Valley First (@valleyfirst) • Instagram photos and videos, Valley First - Home | Facebook, Enderby & District Financial (@enderbyfinancial) • Instagram photos and videos and Enderby & District Financial - Home | Facebook. There will be a minimum of one (1) but no more than forty-eight (48) Contest Posts in each of the Envision Financial Region, Island Savings Region, and Valley First Region during the Contest Period . During the Contest Period, you can submit an Entry to the Contest by:
(i) responding directly to a Contest Post from your Facebook account;
(ii) responding directly to a Contest Post from your Instagram account; or
(iii) emailing a response relating to a Contest Post to the Sponsor at firstname.lastname@example.org
(each, an “Entry”)
In the event of a dispute as to the identity or eligibility of an entrant, the Entry will be deemed to be made by the “Authorized Account Holder” of the Facebook, Instagram, or email account used to submit the Entry, provided the entrant is eligible according to these Contest Rules, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. An entrant may not use multiple social media accounts or email accounts to enter the Contest, and if an entrant does so, all of such entrant’s Entries may be disqualified in the Sponsor’s sole discretion.
Any attempt or suspected attempt to use robotic, automatic, programmed or otherwise illicit means to enter the Contest, or any other methods not authorized by these Contest Rules, for example, but not limited to, creating multiple accounts, identities, or registrations, all in the Sponsor’s sole discretion, shall be deemed as tampering and may disqualify you from entering, participating in the Contest and/or winning a prize. Entries that are late, lost, stolen, illegible, contain false information, are damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Contest Rules may be voided by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion. Proof of transmission (for example, screenshots or captures) does not constitute proof of Entry or receipt of an Entry.
- Entry Format and Content. Entries must:
- Be submitted either as a direct response to the Sponsor’s Contest Post on one of Facebook or Instagram, or by email to email@example.com;
- if made by email, include the region from which the entrant is making their submission;
- be in English;
- include the entrant’s name;
- relate to the Contest Post;
- be suitable for publication to a general audience;
- not be a duplicate from the same username;
- comply with Facebook and/or Instagram’s Terms of Services and Rules;
- comply with these Contest Rules;
- not contain any nudity, sexually explicit, disparaging, discriminatory, libelous or other inappropriate content of any kind whatsoever;
- not contain any language suggesting or encouraging illegal activity;
- not contain any reference to or likeness of identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and such individuals are of the age of majority;
- not contain any copyrighted works;
- not contain any third-party content that may be subject to and protected by intellectual property laws, including but not limited to music, artwork, video and photographs; and
- not contain anything that infringes or that may infringe on anyone’s rights, including intellectual property rights.
- Prizes and Allocation. There are a total of four (4) prize packages available to be won, consisting of the following:
- iPad pro 128 GB , 11 inch
- Magic Keyboard
- Apple 2nd Generation Pencil
- 2 year service agreement with Best Buy (per their terms and conditions)
- 12-month MasterClass subscription
(collectively, a “Prize Package”)
The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Prize Package is $2,049 and the ARV of all Prize Packages, collectively, available to be won is $8,196.
There is one (1) Prize Package available to be won in the Island Savings Region.
There is one (1) Prize Package available to be won in the Valley First Region.
There are two (2) Prize Packages available to be won in the Envision Financial Region.
You are only eligible to win one (1) Prize Package. In the event the same entrant is randomly drawn more than once, the entrant will only receive one (1) Prize Package and a new random draw will be conducted, in accordance with these Contest Rules, for the remaining Prize Package(s).
Prize Package winners (“Selected Recipients”) assume any and all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, by entering or participating in this Contest or the use or redemption of a Prize Package. Prize Packages must be accepted as awarded. Prize Packages or any portion of a Prize Package cannot be combined with other discounts, promotions or special offers. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute alternate prizes of equal or greater if Prize Packages or any components thereof become unavailable for any reason.
To be declared a Prize Package winner, Selected Recipients: (i) must correctly answer a skill testing, time-limited, mathematical question, without assistance of any kind whatsoever and (ii) may be required to execute and return to the Sponsor, within five (5) business days of receipt, a release and/or any other documentation as may be requested by Sponsor.
- Prize Draws. Random draws for the Prize Package(s) available in each region will be conducted as follows:
Envision Financial Region
A random draw for the two (2) Prize Packages available to be won in the Envision Financial Region will take place on or about October 4th at approximately 4 pm. The random draw will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor. The random draw will include all eligible Entries from the Envision Financial Region Contest Posts and emails, as determined by Sponsor in accordance with these Contest Rules, received during the Contest Period .
Island Savings Region
A random draw for the one (1) Prize Package available to be won in the Island Savings Region will take place on or about October 4th at approximately 4 pm. The random draw will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor. The random draw will include all eligible Entries from the Island Savings Region Contest Posts and email, as determined by Sponsor in accordance with these Contest Rules, received during the Contest Period.
Valley First Region
A random draw for the one (1) Prize Package available to be won in the Valley First Region will take place on or about October 4th at approximately 4 pm. The random draw will be conducted by a representative of the Sponsor. The random draw will include all eligible Entries from Valley First Region Contest Posts and email, as determined by Sponsor in accordance with these Contest Rules, received during the Contest Period.
- Odds. The odds of winning a Prize Package will depend on the total number of eligible Entries received per region during the Contest Period and the number of Prize Packages available per region, as outlined above in Section 10 of these Contest Rules.
For example: if there are five (5) Contest Posts in the Island Savings Region during the Contest Period and you submit one (1) eligible Entry for each of the five (5) Contest Posts, and there are a total of 100 eligible Entries submitted for the Island Savings Region, your chances of winning a prize would be 5/100 (five (5) percent).
All Entries are subject to verification, confirmation and compliance with these Contest Rules.
- Selected Recipient Notification. The Sponsor will attempt to contact each Selected Recipient by sending a private message to the Facebook or Instagram account associated with the winning Entry or by sending an email to the email address used to submit the winning Entry (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient). The Selected Recipient will be asked to reply to the private message or email (depending on the method of entry used by the Selected Recipient) sent by the Sponsor and provide his or her contact information, including full legal name, address, telephone number, and email address within three (3) business days so that the Selected Recipient can complete a skill testing, time-limited, mathematical question and a release and/or any other documentation which may be required by Sponsor can be sent to the Selected Recipient.
- Release and Indemnification. All Selected Recipients may, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be required to sign a release and/or any other documentation as may be reasonably requested by Sponsor to: (i) confirm compliance with these Contest Rules; (ii) agree to accept prizes as awarded; (iii) release, discharge and hold harmless the Sponsor, its departments and agencies, parent, related and affiliated companies, subsidiaries, franchisees, advertising and promotional agencies, counsel, marketing partners, and each of their respective directors, officers, employees, shareholders, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, subsidiaries, agents, artists, advisors, assignees, and all others associated with the administration, development and execution of the Contest (“Released Parties”) from and against any and all manner of action, cause of action, claim or demand, suit, loss or injury, use or misuse of a Prize Package (or any component thereof) or any travel related thereto, including legal fees and expenses, whatsoever, including but not limited to claims based on negligence, breach of contract and fundamental breach, failure of any third-party contractor or supplier used in connection with any aspect of the Contest to perform or deliver any goods or services (including without limitation Prize Packages), any act of God or any other event beyond the Released Parties’ control, any dissatisfaction of any kind from a Selected Recipient with any aspect of the Contest or use of an Entry, liability for physical injury, death or property damage which the entrants, guests, their heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have suffered, by reason of or arising out of participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by the Selected Recipient of a Prize Package (or any component thereof) as awarded; (iv) indemnify the Released Parties against any loss, damage or expense, including legal fees, that any of the Released Parties may suffer or incur as a result of any non-compliance by participants with the Contest Rules or participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or exercise by an entrant selected to receive a Prize Package, and the use of Entries by the Sponsor; and/or (v) provide a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to Sponsor to use the entrants name and/or likeness in connection with any promotional materials of Sponsor, including without limitation images, print, video, streaming, media and/or broadcast, created by Sponsor and without compensation from Sponsor.
The Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) incorrect or inaccurate Entry information that may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest or be awarded a prize, including but not limited to human error, technical malfunctions, lost or delayed Entries for any reason, mail failures, omission, or any combination thereof, and Entries that fail to fully comply with these Contest Rules; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (iii) lost, incomplete, delayed, mutilated or misdirected Entries or releases; (iv) injury or damage to entrants’ computers or to any other individual’s computer related to or resulting from participating in, or downloading any material regarding the Contest or accepting a prize; (v) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including any related travel and the use of Entries by Sponsor; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third-party computer hackers or otherwise; or (vii) late, lost, misdirected or unsuccessful efforts to notify a potential prize recipient.
- CAUTION. ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR INTERFERE WITH THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND/OR OTHER RELIEF FROM ALL RESPONSIBLE PERSONS TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- Consent and License. By entering the Contest and submitting an Entry, each entrant irrevocably grants Sponsor, in perpetuity, an exclusive, royalty-free license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his or her Entry in favour of the Sponsor, including without limitation for the administration of the Contest and any publicity carried out by the Sponsor in relation to the Contest or whatsoever, without further notice or compensation.
- Law. The Contest is void where prohibited by law and is subject to all applicable Canadian federal, provincial, territorial, municipal and local laws. This Contest shall be governed exclusively by the laws of the province of British Columbia, including all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Contest Rules, rights and obligations between entrants and the Sponsor, and procedural provisions, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. Any dispute shall be adjudicated by the courts sitting in Vancouver, British Columbia.
- Void Entries. Entries that do not comply with these Contest Rules, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole and absolute discretion, are void and may be disqualified. Entrants may be required to submit proof of compliance with these Contest Rules, and failure to provide such proof on request may, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, disqualify an entrant’s Entry.
- Rule Amendments and Cancellation. The Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to amend or modify these Contest Rules, or modify, cancel or suspend this Contest, without prior notice for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation in the event that any cause beyond the reasonable control of the Sponsor corrupts, or threatens to corrupt, the security or proper administration of the Contest. Without limiting the foregoing, if, for any reason, the Contest is not capable of running as originally planned for any reason, the Sponsor reserves the right to cancel the Contest without any liability whatsoever.
- Intellectual Property. All intellectual property, including but not limited to trademarks, logos, designs, promotional materials, web pages, source codes, images, drawings, illustrations, slogans and representations are owned by the Sponsor. All rights reserved. Unauthorized copying or use of any of the Sponsor’s intellectual property without the express written consent of the Sponsor is strictly prohibited.
- General. Decisions of Sponsor will be final and binding on all matters pertaining to this Contest. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any of these Contest Rules shall not constitute a waiver. Sponsor reserves the right to correct any printing, typographical, computer programming, operating or any other errors.
- Extended Meanings. All references in these Contest Rules shall be read with such changes in number and gender that the context may require.
- Acknowledgement. By entering the Contest, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agree to be bound by these Contest Rules.