Canada Emergency Business Account (CEBA): Payroll Eligibility
The following eligibility information and enrolment is for businesses with 2019 payroll between $20,000 and $1.5 million.
If your payroll is less than or equal to $20,000, including businesses with no payroll in 2019, please review the CEBA non-deferrable expense eligibility.
- In 2019, your business paid between $20,000 to $1.5 million in total employment income
- You have a business chequing account with Valley First/Enderby & District Financial and this account is your primary business operating account, used for day-to-day payments and cash management activities
- You have an active business Canada Revenue Agency 15-digit Payroll Business Number (example: xxxxxxxxxRP0001)
- You had an active and open business on March 1, 2020 and intend to continue to operate the business or to resume operations
- You confirm the CEBA loan will be used to pay for operating expenses that cannot be deferred, such as wages, rent, utilities, insurance, debt payments and property tax
- You have not applied for and are not intending to apply for CEBA at another financial institution under the same CRA business payroll number
- You confirm the business is facing ongoing financial hardship (including, for example, a continued decline in revenue or cash reserves, or an increase in operating costs) as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic
- You confirm that in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, the business has made all reasonable efforts to reduce its costs and to otherwise adapt its business to improve its viability
Enrol in the Canada Emergency Business Account
Use the CEBA Pre-Screen Tool to determine if your business may be eligible for enrolment. The Pre-Screen Tool is not an official CEBA application and does not guarantee approval for CEBA funding. Proceed to enrolment only after receiving a CEBA pre-screen number.
Review and confirm you meet all the above general eligibility criteria.
Once you receive your CEBA pre-screen number from the CEBA Pre-Screen Tool and you are the individual authorized to bind the Borrowing Business, enrol here. Your enrolment information is validated by First West Credit Union and Canada Revenue Agency (CRA). CEBA approvals are authorized by the Government of Canada.