- Ensure you have the most up to date version of your antivirus software installed on your computer and make sure that your operating system and software are all up to date
- Always do your banking on a safe and secure network like you have at home rather than on public wifi like you might find in a coffee shop
- Change your password for any secure site, including your online banking password, on a regular basis and make sure to keep your personal access code private
- It is also a good idea to bookmark valleyfirst.com and always use the bookmarked site to navigate to online banking.
- Finally be aware that when an advisor calls you, they will never ask for your online banking password and instead will ask you some security questions to verify your identity. We will never send you an email asking for your access code or providing a link to online banking. If you receive an email that asks for this information, do not click on any of the links it contains and contact us to report the e-mail.